16 March 2012

Hello to myself.

It's been 10 days, which is 4 or less days to go. There's definitely something buggy about this blog, whenever I update something, it doesn't show up in my blog updates, suggesting others would rarely visit too, given I can look at the statistics.

Life without Facebook, I've said it before right? I'm kinda experiencing it, but things have not changed much. There's no commotion going on about my sudden disappearance from the social network nor questions asked. I would've though there were consequences, maybe because they haven't found out. The bulk of pictures and videos, were their significance as memories cease to hold true?

I've only got a few things to prove for the deletion.
Whether my existence in the social network is of any importance.
Whether WHIC or other digitalised memories were important.
Whether my social life is any different from before.
Whether I was totally addicted to the social network.

10 days have passed, if anything were to happen, it would, but it did not. The results were clear, I'm not so obsessed to unable to restrain myself and re-activate my account; my social life is as it is today, a lone wolf with a loving family. People say Facebook keeps friends from feeling apart, I'd say it's the same with or without it.

I would compare it as a MMORPG(Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game).

Briefly,
You start out fresh knowing nothing but you still pressed forward, working your way around people, making friends, solving problems etc. You level up and grow just like a MMORPG.
Then you reach mid-range, an average player but had the will to strive for better, you team with your life-long friends to reach that goal. You slowly shine in the world you live in.
However, battles after battles, some of your team mates lose that faith, slowly and steadily, one after another, they stop and their other ways. The only one left that hasn't lost the will to fight was you, you were close to reaching to the top.
Sadly, in the end, you realise to reach the top, you need team mates to support you but no one is beside you now; they have already blend in with the NPC crowds or disappear altogether for another MMORPG. You realise, it was meaningless, because all this time, you were not having fun anymore.

So what do you do when such a virtual life becomes pointless? You face the harsh reality that you chose, not caring the consequences it curtails.

No comments:

Post a Comment