25 July 2012

A story of a visa application and a bank draft.

Readers, stalkers, anonymous and random internet traffic, what a wonderful day isn't it? It's good to write to you again and thank you for stumbling again into my nest of joy.

Imagine, the day I think about the world in such light, must be decades from now. Anyways, call me crazy, but I'm blogging again, so read it maybe?

Did the last few things for my visa application, almost smooth sailing until the few last parts but nothing major. One thing I wasn't expecting was the security measures the department has. No bags, off phones, metal detector, password locked doors and strangely, foreign security guards wearing cowboy hats. If I knew the security was so uptight I wouldn't have brought along my mum since only applicants are allowed to go inside.

I had all the documents except for the visa app. fee, which requires to be paid by bank draft. I tell you, it was like a mini challenge I had to complete, my app. can't be processed until I've done that and the girl told me I had an hour to get one. I was thinking I had a lot of time but you encounter bumps in the roads in this sort of situations usually.

First and embarassingly, never solo-ed doing anything financial or important, like a simple task as getting a bank draft. And it is, but this particular bank made it seemed a little bit more. I was lucky there were nearby banks in the area, the closest and biggest was the Citibank Tower which to my amaze can't let you do bank drafts without an account from the bank. The only other closest bank and I'm familiar with is Maybank, across the road.

Note if I had plenty of time, I wouldn't have rushed while wearing a long sleeved shirt in the nice hot weather of KL. It took exactly one hour for me just to apply and get a bank draft, all within walking distance, I had to wait for the slow service of Maybank as for an additional information. It took another hour to wait for biometric scans. If they accepted cash, it wouldn't have taken more than an hour. But I know, visas are important stuff, you have to strict about the procedures and stuff but I think the standard was too high. It's not like people want to bomb people that just wants to work or study overseas and certainly there was no UK staffs there.

In the end, the visa application and bank draft got together and they lived happily ever after, until I get my visa approved.

No comments:

Post a Comment