16 March 2011

Just ignored it.

had a few days of hiatus of studying. couldn't get myself to open books and start reading. but hopefully now i got back my act with things cooling down for me.

----------------------------- News i looked into

Which reminds me, feeling really sympathetic for the major crises the Japanese are coping with, earthquake, tsunami, radiation and probably volcano eruption too. Hopefully the unique calmness and willpower the Japs possess will be able to rebuild their country again. It's a really sad thing because most of the creativity, culture, innovation and technological advancements are abundant over there, it would be a shame due these events they may be negatively affected. But my sympathy goes only so far, to ask me to donate with initiative is not likely.

------------------------------ Thoughts on past and future

Aside from the signs of an apocalypse happening, inversely, with outbursts of negative posts recently and the passing of time, things kinda start settling down, finally coping with changes in life in terms of friends i guess. More or less i just say this is meant to be la, and a sign for me to cope with it. I should realise by now my life is constantly changing, how fast does it change? I believe a span of every 3 months my life will change, easily foreseen that during semester break which ironically lasts for 3 months too and will be taking a life of self-improvement. While for the next semester, things will sort of remain yet i foresee that major changes will happen, one practical change is the inevitable thing that some of the friends are leaving for UK as which I or we, will not see for a long time. One other thing would be the possibility of meeting old faces again.

Any further in the future i can say much but for certain there will be things changing. Among other things, things that stay forever the same is my personality and my thinking although it will expand even further, for better or worse i'm not sure, so far i've taken the route of  a loner and semi optimistic and pessimistic person. Nevertheless only the mind is in turmoil, outside in the real world, nothing's happening much, same ol' same ol' la.

---------------------------- Current status

So how's life treating me now? Ok i guess, if i can ignore the bad stuff, focus the good stuff, all things fine. Basically when things go bad i just start thinking things i like, more or less about WH40K hobby, it keeps my mind busy thinking up lists, strategies, rules bla bla bla yeah i know, you're not interested in that. Anyways, looking forward to be at home then college, no need to constantly see faces i don't like, noises i find annoying and the silent treatment i give to sitting next to me, sorry but if you still don't get that side of me, then lets just assume i'm being cold to you la, that makes much more sense than saying in my heart i constantly wish to start a conversation with you.

---------------------------- My Brother and Junior(No relations, just comparison)

Now for some ramblings on WH40K, for uninterested people, you can stop reading now.

I've tried influencing my brothers and Junior on numerous occasions, the former being almost impossible and the latter which i just go "meh. he's busy la.". From my gatherings, it seems like you can't have someone like something in the steps or sequence you had. For instance, i started playing due to the fluff or the story behind it, as i'm an imaginative person, interesting reads gets me pumped up no matter what context it is as even i find the rulebook immensely interesting to read although i am already mandatory to read it. While that is the beginning, the constant burning of the passion would be the building of one's own army and it's background, less on the wargaming for me as the army i chose had defective units and are not competitive against others mostly.

On the other hand, it is quite hard to understand for me that others choose the other way around it. Specifically i'm talking about one of my brother and Junior's interest in it, do note, i'm just making an observation, nothing is personal is directed at you, although as the image of you swearing when you read this things related to you sounds in my head, i don't really mind but rather i find it damn funny. Anyways, my brother, second elder to be exact, shares remote similarities with Junior, particularly that they are both hot-blooded, passionate and straightforwad, albeit the things that are concerned are different in many ways while maturity and age may be factors. Maybe just coincidence, they are also both Scorpios.

Why is these relevant? I can't be certainly sure but they make remotely similar decisions and views because of it but i'll only talk about in terms wargaming. My bro wanted to play WH40K, and i presume just for the sake of playing with me, he won't play at the shops because he thinks it's degrading or shameful to be there; while Jr. could be said the same too although he definitely is more open-minded and accustomed due to his love for collecting Gundams, Kamen Riders and other miscellaneous figurines and toys.

Furthermore, both share the same reluctance to read where there would be just numbers or words. However i could be the outlier here, Malaysians averagely don't voluntarily read as much i think if compared with even me, especially the mandatory rule stuffs. Because of their straight foward minds, they view it is better to have practical experience than theoretical knowledge and would find learning through practice is better. In my opinion, this is through in most circumstances, but wargaming is not one of them, it requires one to have mathematical and tactical skills, and strictly speaking, those skills are derived mostly from the books required to be read. The opponent will more than often spout stuff you don't know and will be dancing to his beats.



故曰:知彼知己,百戰不殆;不知彼而知己,一勝一負;不知彼,不知己,每戰必殆。
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss. 

If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose. 
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself. 

故曰: 勝可知,而不可為。
Hence, we can well predict who would win but there is no strategy guaranteeing winning
-  Sun  Tzu

Honestly, learning the rules was quite heavy for me as when Marcus lent me the rulebook, i gave a big sigh, "it's thick." i thought to myself, but i'm an exception to normal people i guess, consequently i found it to be interesting yet a lot of things are needed to be remembered and afterwards i was reading it whilst playing several games with him, giving me a good firm of the whole game.

For the two person i mentioned above, that's nigh the right way approach WH40K from my perspective but as i asked veteran players for help indirectly, i was told to let them explore on their own. I worry too much i guess, these hobby concerns a significant of cash to be used i worried it will be wasted if they half way discontinued. Why do i have a high belief that they will give up? My brother is getting married next year and probably will have a family of his own too whilst Junior has so much things to put his attention into and i sincerely believe it is much more important than progressing in this hobby. We have limited times, use them on yourselves, not on me.

This is a hobby i passionately love but i realized it is not similarly shared, when minds are unalike, they remain unalike, no matter how similar they are. And also of course i find my constant bickering about is super annoying too, "is there anything else besides 'WARHAMMER' in your mind when you talk to me?" is what i get the feeling when i talked about wargaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment