05 October 2009

I must be stronger, so you won't cry for me.

I have to say... i'm sorry, Junior. I really wish i could do something to cheer him up. Right now, i actually feel some sort of sadness for him,but he can't possibly had shared it with me, maybe it's just me.

Things like this will always happened.. but i wish it will NEVER happen, not to anyone or myself. My mind was truly shocked at first, that sorrow slowly grew in me but i managed to suppress it. It truly made me realize what was really important for me,all the nonsense i've been focusing on in my mind was of no comparison for this unexpected event.

Today i cried watching an episode of an anime which was so coincidental and precise on his situation and maybe mine.

It talked about a story of an old man, who was seemingly being bad mannered to everyone around him, including his own wife. He would tell them continuously to die; saying "You will die faster than me" or "I'll live longer than you". But one day, he adopted a stray puppy, the dog was alone since right after its birth, it's parents immediately died. The story is told during the 18 years, one by one, the old man's family and friends had died before him and he was all alone, but his health was already in critical condition, but there was one living thing that was still competing with him, his dog, he was still cursing the dog to die and subsequently, the dog looked like it was also cursing him back too.

After 18 years, all that was left, at that time, he was sleeping in his death bed, his sons although disliked him because of his ill-mannered still accompanied him in his last days, leaving him all alone, but there was still one old friend left, still desperately clinging to life, his dog. In this anime, the old man although in a subconscious state, went out of his deathbed and went for a walk at the park, thinking his dog would be there and really, there he was; both still cursing each other as they desperately tried to walk.

Why are they both still desperately trying to compete with each other, even though they hate each other. The answer lies in the past where the very first words said by the old man to the dog.

"Little puppy, you know, friends are good; they are not like your wife, problems always occur with them but not friends, because you can talk anything with them and make as many as you like."

"However there's one rule that i will always follow when having friends is not to live longer than them, that way they will never cry for me but i will cry for them instead when they die so they will never be sad for my death."

"So little puppy, your my buddy too, so you should die faster than me, ok?"

At that time the puppy looked at him, seemingly realizing something extraordinarily important had been told to him. But already 18 years had passed and the two of them were still trying have a walk with each other in the park even though they could barely move. At the very last moment the old man collapsed to the ground first and the old dog was able to walk a bit further away from him, the dog, thinking he had maybe already passed away, collapsed to the ground too. But the old man, could still move a bit of his head and looked to the old dog and said-

"Hah, you have lost, buddy, because you made me cry for you..."



...I'm sorry, i can't write anymore... Junior.. everyone i will stay strong and support you..

No comments:

Post a Comment