12 November 2012

Married to a Girl (Dream)


Most epic weird dream of all time.

Dreamed I was married to a rich Malay girl but have no idea how I did and any of our past time together were like.
However, cheated on her with someone, also no idea how that happened.
Regardless, there were divorce procedures and my questions still unanswered, mostly I didn't even get to meet her.

The procedures were smooth, as if they understood I had some kind of amnesia and wasn't my fault.

What I really wanted to know was who that girl was, maybe there was a reason why we're married then I wouldn't want to get divorced.

Stepping back a bit, the right question to ask was, why did I had such a dream? As far as I know, I do not know or am familiar with such an ethnic background. Dreams are always a random connection between memories whether old or new. It's said we dream because it is the 'by product' of our memory strengthening function in our brain. Our subconscious mind inevitably tries to make sense of this process, possibly trying not wake us up and halting it mid-way.

By that hypothesis, it makes sense why I can't see her face because maybe she's possibly just an idea or general knowledge manifested into a dream. But this gets you thinking about my subconscious mind may influence my perspective in life. Does this dream represent something more? Does it mean to say deep down, I have no concern for ethnicity or religion when it comes to love? Or that I can't love one person because in the end I found myself having an affair with someone else?

Nothing's certain about this, but once I retain some control, as in having a lucid dream, I didn't want to divorce. I wanted to be with her, know who she was, but more important, why she chose me.

It is just a dream, but dreams are where I really am and not at the same time. A place where I am myself.
I don't want to wake up looking at the ceiling, feeling so lost and lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment