04 December 2012

Really John, really?

I like how everyone is discreetly religious. You can never really poke fun because they don't preach about the controversial stuff but just commonly acknowledging their faith.

Because admittedly you know there is some serious flaws in them when you question, at least I'm not as gullible as I used to be. But if you wish to describe the omnipotent being, it's really indescribable. Any kind of explanation we wish to give would be disproved, and I mean anything.

Nevertheless, if you asked me, I would first tell you, don't believe everything your religion tells you. The history behind it is just a story to get you interested, what you really want to keep in mind, is the basic virtues that it teaches. Virtues or moralities that is common to everyone and does not discriminate anything or anyone. You would soon realise all religions have similar values that they strife to teach, if only the world is not as divided as it is, all of them could just clump together and our descendants wouldn't know the difference. In short, religion is just moral studies with customs and traditions implemented by the founders, why? To create a sort of 'control', yet it fails miserably and becomes contradictory before our very individualism.

Funny thing about humans, we're genetically bred to be able to differentiate right and wrong, the feeling of compassion and empathy exists as long as the brain works fine, yet what shape most people as to who they are now is because of all these vast numbers of factors in this world that affects us. We look at an environment or guidance to do something; psychological, sociological, biological, economical, political factors.

So where do my belief belong? Atheism or Religion? Neither, I like being in the grey area. Mainly I just trust myself and what I think is right and what is real to me. If I believe in Buddha or something similar it's either I truly do so or I just wish so, do I control my fate? A bit of no but more towards a yes, I like to believe life is a gamble, I'm just playing it safe so I can choose my path more rationally which is rather I have a mildly fun life.

Am I evil? Hah, I make a lot of mistakes in life but I wouldn't say I'm evil. Neither am I good, because I only do what is right for me and others, the right choice is never always the kind and friendly one.

No comments:

Post a Comment