14 March 2010

Sacrifice, made a lot of bad ones.

There's always things i haven't done in my life, usually to the point i don't want to let people know. For an example, i had zero working experience, i never worked in the outside world, my life was always just studying and playing. That's why i envy and admire people who worked hard in their life.

Why i didn't work? My parents doesn't want me to, because i know, it will affect my study time and have no reason to do so when i have what i need from them, they provided me enough freedom and entertainment, i provide them a proud future of me for them to have. Though there's always the time i worry about working after i finished studying, when i have absolutely never worked before, how would i face that reality when i'm that late to begin what i'm suppose to right now?

This college surely is a miracle giver, first it blessed me great friends and education, now it guides me to a better me. I accepted the offer made by Kim to work in the education fair at KLCC, i was hesitant but the answer i responded with was not what i expected, i said "I"LL DO IT". I thought about not going, thoughts like "i have no working experience, i will totally screw up". I'm glad i was wrong, i'm glad i grabbed that oppurtunity.

Certainly, working temporarily at an education fair would not be considered a job, more like a "lend of service", but was certainly making me nervous like an ant being cooked on oil.

I've passed the first stage, i'm embarrassed as to only achieving this so late in my life but i'm proud of it. The job was simple but i find myself trying as hard not to be a nuisance to others, i was inexperience in anything about working, everything was new to me but i kept a poker face, it didn't hide the shaking hands noticed by a person asking me about the courses the college runs.

There was a lot of thinking to do before i worked, i was thinking why am i doing this, was it for myself, was i just wanting to be my friends? If it was those reasons, it wouldn't be enough for me to bring myself to work at the edu fair. The reason i went was for my family, i thought about the money being paid, i decided i can never use the money for myself, because it reminded me how much trouble my family had to help me make working at the fair possible. That money, i'll try to spent it on something for them, i wish i knew what.

Today, I thank Kim for offering me to work and helping me, thank Marcus, Chester and Lee Tat , See Wei and Kean Hoe for supporting and helping this nooby first timer. I have to give my most appreciation to my family, they make my life so much easier and safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment