25 March 2010

There's more wanting than actual doing. FOR THE GREATER GOOD.

Recently all i have been doing is just thinking. Thinking, thinking and more thinking.

About what? Well mostly imagining up plans, i find myself just doing pretty much nothing that is practical, i just study, talk, eat and go back almost every day. It gets so tedious i just wish i could just stop doing it for a while but why can't i?

Oh, because there's exams coming, frankly i wasn't really worry about the moral exam, i imagine it would be so pointless and easy to do i just gave glances on the "notes" given by the "lecturer". As expected it was easy, so easy most of us went out 2 hours early. Anyways, other than that, i have conflicting aims now, spending time on four things, my family, my friends, education and myself. I don't group education together with myself because it's really just something i do without thinking to myself but really just thinking points, understanding syllables and what not and i spend too much on this particular subject.

There's going to be a trial exam for maths, makes me wanna kill myself for having absolutely nothing important to do except studying. Seriously, i think all in essence of my life, studying is the only thing i think is important, all others maybe necessary but they are worth sacrificing for importance. Which brings me stress and stress brings me a lot of pressure and then pimples grows on my face, really.

Sigh i just wish i wasn't as straight minded as i am now, doing only things that i obliged myself to continue to do so, i.e getting the episodes done. About them, wish i can just not multi task the whole week, as in i want to do something that does not need me to divide equal amount of time for each activity. I wish i could just paint the models all weeks long but sadly, i can't, but i keep reminding myself there's going to be 3 months of holidays, i can have Marcus teach me the techniques and skills and i'll spend eternity painting them, metaphorically.

Geeky stuff here, skip to the next one if you don't understand at all with the contents on this passage. Any how, I really hate the situation i'm in now, i have no brush, no paint, no skill, just my blank models collecting dust in the boxes. I haven't take them out for a long time, it's not like i don't have time for them, it's just i have no use for them as of now. The reason behind it? I live in a place far away from where i can casually play or do anything with them. All i can do now is just look at a forum about Tau. To put it more precise, study, yes when i study, i spend half of my study time just planning and learning the basics of my army, i think i have more theoretical strategies in my mind than actual wargaming was done. For once this hobby of mine could not be easily given up, because there's one thing i'm good at doing all the time is just studying, so why not put some time into learning how my firewarriors would not just be standing there and looking beautiful with their pulse rifles and carbines? I took the liberty to study strategies, unit compositions, army list, battle reports, and read the "How to paint Citidel armies" e-book. All For The Greater Good ;D

Ok, from looking at the long passage above, you probably think i spend too much time on this, right? Not quite, it's just that this table-top wargaming, the rules and the contents can be easily studied, because as most people would say if they played, the game is played like your the general leading your army, there's so many possibilities in the game that it feels almost like a real war being played like a chess game.

Never thought i will ever get hook up by something that i at first thought was childish; now i just can't go off studying without both studying wargaming. Nevertheless, i'm glad Marcus introduced it to me, gave me something that i can do without thinking it's just a game to pass time. Warhammer40k, it's more than just a game, more than a hobby for me, even if i have only played not more than 4 or 5 months, it has already made me drowned in love for it.

I'm also glad Junior's around to talk to me about dancing, sure he only talks about break dancing, i don't break but i still like a burning dancing soul to motivate me again and again to do popping. I hope i get better on this hobby too, it's something i have always like to do since secondary school.

I truly hope both this hobbies lasts forever, i hope even Junior and Marcus are not there to motivate me, i hope i can remember the good ol' times they did and never give up, because these are one of the things that reminds me how great they are as friends and long-lost brothers. Thank you, bros.

No comments:

Post a Comment