04 June 2012

You complete my fate.




The OP for Ergo Proxy, plus the ED song - Radiohead - Paranoid Android are really nice songs. Monoral has become my most recent favourite band.

Although I like of genres that are probably polarized from each other, J-rock adds up most to my folder of songs. The wild sometimes peaceful nature of the music just expresses raw emotions from oneself. The drum, bass, guitar are the main instruments in a rock band and I find myself listening to them individually on each repeats. When you listen to them you just can't help it but bang your head to the rhythm.

I realised I can never fully enjoy music from popular songs or music in the radio. The least of the music I like are pop songs as they generally express emotions. Give or take a few songs I would like but that's about it, they get tedious and hard to enjoy for the third or fourth time of listening.

Quite frankly explains my instinctive dislike English pop songs which are mostly rap music. The problem is not because of the individuals in the group but because the music are without uniqueness. Music without creativity is music without emotions embedded within them. American rappers nowadays takes a cake in the ***; songs about sex, money, clubs, alcohol? Not to mention the kids from this generation listen to these songs.

On the contrary, I like dancing and because of that I find myself dancing to catchy tunes even if they are not meaningful, they are suppose to get you up, excited and ready to take over the world. Sadly such a situation is not often and more likely I just want to listen to music rather than jumping around like a robot all the time. Try getting into a traffic and listen to songs ft. Ludacris or ft. Pitbull everyday.

K-pop, I have given a lot of chance to it, even forced myself to watch MVs because I don't to judge based on just a few songs. One thing I can conclude is I'm only attracted to the girls wearing sexy/cute outfits and dancing seductively/cutely in them. It is without a fact they are really good singers but when I'm looking at them I can't distinct the voice and the catchy tune with it, maybe momentarily. It's not to say I'm perverted or something but that is the first that comes to mind, unless you just listen, then again they have sexy voices too.

Without understanding their background or the hardships they go through, on face value they are entertainers that can sing, dance and have great bodies. Then there are the boys, here I'm not attracted to guys so I can comment more fairly. They don't have that seductive/cute factors when they dance, it is more of power or sleek and smooth choreographs that boy bands pursue. Like their gender counterparts, they are really good singers too.

Then again, they are popular-trending music for the current decade, like all popular and trending music, there will be a time that they will fade in time and another genre takes its place. It is likely I'm just one of the few persons that considers music as the embodiment of emotions.

Classical  express emotions/stories without a single word,
Electronic/techno gives us a unique and modern way of expressing emotions,
50s~90s express the different emphasises in each decades.
Game & Anime OSTs lets you reminisce about that particular moment/scene/theme of the game.
Rock expresses the raw power/emotions in us.
Jazz/Blues express the feelings of cool/carefree/loving/jazziness/relaxing feel
Alternative* is where originality at its finest.

Artists and musicians make music, not music companies.

No comments:

Post a Comment