21 January 2011

Do you fit in as a 'Main Character'?

Sometimes, like right now, i think about what role do i play in this world. Am i one of the many main characters(from now on, refer to as MC) of this world, or am i more of a supportive character(from now on refer to as SC? When i think about it, there are situations that makes me play both role, as it is for everyone's life.



This is probably from a anime-ish MC that i view myself, yet clearly this is not as straight forward as it is in them. But i'm not one those that boast of friendship/love/courage kind of stereotypical MC, i would say the genre of my story would be slice-of-life(of course) and adventure but for it's theme, it can be said to be dark yet meaningful in the sense of what goes through my mind and the happenings around me.

I would say i don't have my own story, but it is through lives of others around me that builds it. Typically, i find the life of other's much more interesting and i learn more from others than from my own experience. To put it in a way, my life is like the road, and the people/things around me are like towns/cities/countries. Time is of course, the car, and as it drives me forward on the road, i visit those places. What is my destination? probably death, because life is only valued by how you lived it, so i travel down the road as much as i can until it ends.

I found out that my life seems similar in some ways to an anime called Kino no Tabi, or Kino's Journey. The summary of it is a girl who travels around a fictional world, one country at a time and each place is unique in it's culture,beliefs,technology and civilisation.

It also explains why my blog title has some similarity, before i put "Infinite Light, Travel Forever", it was first called "Travelling Light", like the anime's title, "Light" being similarly sounded as my first name.

Being the silent but still casually talked, and mostly loyal and honest, i'm more of a traveller/listener or the least i would be, an investigator, i believe myself to be a different MC, but what elements of a MC do i have, the above discussed sounded like i'm more of a SC. Remembered i said other people's stories helps me build my own? Well, i'm imcomplete, in the sense that i do not understand fully who i am; through the world, i try to define myself a bit more.

My mind is always at conflicts with rationality and morality. Basically, i'm more of a problematic MC, and by travelling down this road, i find solutions or answers to my seemingly endless turmoil.

There are traces of a romance theme to it, reasons would be the longing for someone to love as i spent travelling alone, yet believing one day, that it will change.

On the other hand, i represent more of a SC only in certain situations, such as being the person creating memories or aka, the video/photographer and one of the characters that just tag along in a group of people. This naturally happens when someone else seems to be the main character in the situation.

With that said, everyone would agree with me that we all think we're main characters, because if you think about it, the ones who know what you think/what you believe/what you control/what you feel... is only you. The world seems to only revolve around you since your can only experience things only through your own-self, my assumption would be to say that perspective of yours will change if your consciousness spreads to multiple different beings in terms of thinking yet you can't control their actions.

In other words, this is why individualism exists, most people believe they take an important role in this world, it didn't matter who they were or what they did, as long as human minds can think about themselves, they are the main characters of this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment