30 December 2011

Summary 2011

  For once, I'm kinda glad this blog didn't disappear from existence, it holds 3 years of memories now as of today and tomorrow too.

  2011, probably my worst year, because it is the year I find myself grow much more mature, but it is through the cost of things dear to me. Are there things that truly worth remembering for this year? We will see as I refresh my memory through the posts I've made anywhere in the internet. There is a period of time I didn't blog, but I guess I fill in the gaps if my memory serves me well which I don't it will cause large part of 2011 is kinda blank. I do regret I spent almost half of this year in despair and the rest in solitude. But it is part of life's journey, sooner or later I have to taste the most bitterness of my inner and outer worlds.

without further words... lets take a look at...

January 2011


1. Was invited to Winnie's birthday party at a golf club. Was her temporary cameraman for the event.
2. Car broke down after the party. I had someone to chat with at the time, at least. Thought there was something.
3. Planned for and had the second CNY reunion dinner for the BAC bunch, much less people came for it compared to the first.
4. Mostly just solo college routine month, blog posts doesn't say much.
5. Made the first WHIC OVA episode. Reminisce your past if you want.

February 2011


1. It is CNY 2011 I suppose? Had BBQ with family members and made a couple of Kong Ming lanterns flew.
2. Reunion dinner, visit relatives, relatives visit etc.. All those CNY stuffs you would normally do.
3. Valentines Day, I gave out 10 packet of two Ferrero Rocher chocolates to 10 girls in BAC, including Ms. Nalina. Can't believe I forgot about this.
4. Eldest brother got us a Wii, life changed forever.
5.  More assignments and college stuff, i guess.
6. Refreshed my passion for wargaming.


March 2011


1. Things start to went down hill I guess. I deleted my twitter account.
2. Went to Putrajaya, original plan was to go for a hot air balloon ride, but went to Taman Botani for pictures.
3. I was even less sociable than before.
4. Sad news for disasters happening in Japan and release of Rebecca Black's song.
5. By the end of this month, I changed my blog to private viewing only and changed my blog address.
6. For the first time, I cried because of immense guilt.

April 2011


1. Had a really hard time getting myself back to studying for exams, but I eventually was able to.
2. A gathering to meet Kanimoli at Starhill.
3. Mostly just studying for exams I suppose.
4. Assignment results were up, I got pretty average results.
5. Trips were planned, never happened.
6. At this point I was still holding up is because she was still willing to hear me out.

May 2011


1. Exams were stressing me out. For my standard, I call it hard work.
2. My nephew, Terng Li An, was born.
3. Yay exams were over, went to KLCC for Pirates of the Carribean, must be the last draw for her.
4. Begins to finish the WHIC OVA episodes.

June 2011

1. In case you haven't watched the final episode, I actually secretly went outside of several people's homes to shoot the ending scene. It was awesome.
2. Was helping my brother working on wedding videos of his client, good pay - funded my wargaming models.
3. Was stressed out by having to help take care of my baby nephew.

July - September 2011


This is the period where I stopped blogging, for reals, I can't remember much what has happened during this period of time but based on my facebook activities,

1. I mostly just do my hobby stuffs.
2. Exam results came out, I repeat myself from my FB status, mediocre at it's best.
3. I went to Kuala Selangor during July, it was not for any particular reason If I remember correctly.
4. I slammed the car down on my index finger, was the pain of the year.
5. First time 'celebrating' Hari Raya, with the guys who share the same hobby as I do. Diarrhea the next few days.
6. Went to a gathering/karaoke session in September, classes were about to start soon.
7. Did I mention hardly anyone remembered my birthday?


October - December 2011

1. Here I explain why start blogging again, should be. But not as often I used to.
2. Again, not much has happened, all I can say is I'm living my life perfectly fine with almost without any interaction with friends.
3. Joined a wargaming competition in October, was the suckiest tournament I ever experienced.
4. I suggested celebrating Junior's birthday, oh did I mention no one was organising it, so a lot of people didn't come or was not invited? Just saying.
5. I regularly draw with my phone before classes start now.
6. Went to Look Out Point in Ampang with family members, one of the better days.
7. MaGaCon, a gaming convention I went to, easily one of the best times I had for the past couple of months.
8. Actually 'celebrated' Christmas this year, was thinking otherwise like last year. Went for karaoke and Kajang satey, even though I was sick; of course it got worse afterwards.

Thoughts and feelings about 2011.

  Generally, met a few more faces considering the whole year. Some things about me have changed, like I'm strangely more generous and charitable now whilst I'm still slow as a turtle to react to urgent situations. I'm a bit more independent, it's either forced upon me or I just make it feel natural, maybe because I need to prepare myself for my third year in UK.

  There's not much to say when it comes to it personally. I'm more open minded now but much more straightforward and 'just accept it' of an attitude. Love, is becoming something of less difficulty, specifically trying to show love to someone. It's always easier when you're much more accepting and ignorant of the results. I guess I'm naturally an average person, with average need. Do I really need to chase a  pretty girl that doesn't like me the way I do, and risk my efforts of being wasted; rather than having my efforts put on someone who actually likes me? It takes less effort but more certain on the aspect of her that she actually loves you.

  Whether it is a bad year or a good year, I still grow stronger, in the sense I'm less naive, less concern of petty things but more important and pressing matters. 2011 may be saddening, but it's another unforgettable year like 2010 and 2009, albeit for different reasons. I realise, as long as I get to the next day, I still have time to improve myself and get things right and done.


"2011, think you can beat 2010? Well, we'll know in time."

No, I guess you didn't beat 2010, huh. Much less 2009. But one thing is definitely true, is that 2012 will be a very different year indeed.
This is Jake, wishing everyone a Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment