10 December 2009

Take a rest for the day, rejuvenates the mind and body for a week.

Warning: Another long post, a double topic post, read when you are not sleepy or have enough time to waste here.

Yep, no college, no shoppings, no hangouts for the day just staying at home and do what ever that doesn't ticks me or annoys me. Feels great to do nothing once in a while, hahah.

Seriously though, i really need to adjust my time spent between family and friends and lately it's mostly friends i met more often than my own family members. Yesterday's day light had been spent entirely on college and friends, after going back home, i'm already dead tired but still muster some of the strength left in me to go watch a movie (Rain was ....hotness?) with my siblings, mum and dad were already sleeping, hurts my heart.

In truth though, even though times were fun when going out with friends, i still find myself thinking about my family, wondering what and how they are doing without me. This feelings are probably even more deeper and complex for people that don't have their loved ones in a reachable distance to visit each other conveniently or something even more complicated. It must have been hard for them with just having friends to try fill the void left in them.

My friendship issue, it was sorta the first dilemma i posted at the very beginning of my blog, asking myself, what a friend is all about. Oh, how much has changed throughout my way of thinking of a friend. Since secondary school, i have learned many things about having friends, friends are a way achieve a similar goal by helping each other, playing together, studying together, going through dark times together, chat crap together, eat crap together.

The simple parts of friendship can go on forever with me but nonetheless, the recent one's i learnt are always blurry to give one way conclusion for it which practically depends entire on who your friend is. Such as, reliability between friends, level of friendship between each other but most certainly confusing to some point for me, the trust between friends. So far, there's no absolute answer for it, too subjective; If you trust too much, you will be used but if you don't trust at all, how can friendship exists? Then lastly, i thought the answer would be 'just trust enough' but then again, is there really true friendship on such mild trust between friends?

Reality doesn't really let me have much of options. However. What ever that has happened recently in my college life, i realized, i should still put all my trust in friends first but after that, i should just be flexible and adjust but only when it is necessary; only when things are clear as day that the friends you knew, mean to use you, to hurt you, to plot against you or never considered you as friend, . Let's put it in one phrase to conclude this,

'if i don't put my full trust to friends, how can we become true friends?'

After reading a couple of blogs, in my mind, i have always wonder and asked to myself about the ones that wrote daily lives continuously; why do you do so? Is it because you wanted to tell the readers your daily routines? If yes then do you find the events happening to you or around you rather quite interesting? If yes, to who? You or the readers?

If the answer was 'no' for the second question then it doesn't really matter how you blog because well, for me, I don't really care who wants to read it but i just naturally emphasize or detailing more about certain matters. When i look at most daily life happenings written in blogs, they usually just write about 'what', and probably just skim through deeper things like, "how" and "why".

I wouldn't say that they have weak use of the language but more towards to having privacy; not all of us are ready to let out what we truly think. Even if the feelings are just happy or sad they won't talk more in-depth into it. A quote from my contract lecturer said to the class yesterday may vividly relate to this matter, don't ask me how i managed to memorize and understand what he had said, let's just he talked about that, it was interesting and some how relates to the current situation we are all in. If you don't like reading philosophies and understanding a bit more of the world, then ignore the following quote.

"Going up stages to do something one has never done before in front of a crowd, one can be said to have his or her fear at the peak of the level. This fear is defined as peer pressure as what ever you do on the stage, you will be judge by your own peers. It exists because you were with the mud all the time and by mud, i mean your peers, you just want to fit in and not be considered different. That is why most people form groups, because they don't want to feel left out in the society and continue to stay in the mud. People that manages to understand staying in the mud will only make them continue to struggle in order to fit in society, will then let themselves be filtered from this mud, will be able to stand above them. That is why, most people will rather follow others, then to lead themselves."

Well, other people's blogs are still theirs, they have all the right to write how ever they like, all i can do is to bring out my own opinions. But, if the answer for the second question is 'yes', then i probably will advise you to look from the reader's perspective, would they find what you have written, appealing to them? Note that even though your believe is that what you written could be really interesting in some way, the question is, are you able to express that in words and let readers some how agree and feel the same way as you are? I can't exactly say what you should do because the possibilities are wide, not all readers have the same interests.

No comments:

Post a Comment