23 March 2009

Day 11 - Triple Netbook Trouble

Day 11 - 22nd March 2009

Today, my parents decided that if i can't bear the studying environment at Brickfields, i can study there for just one year and change another place. Well, i'll see how things go for A-Level at this period of time.

So about not getting a bag but getting a laptop for me, a netbook to be precise. Today, me and Boon Liang searched the net for the netbooks which are capable of long lasting battery life and affordable. Three netbooks were chosen at the end since all of them had similar specifications and reasonable prices. The three netbooks are Asus EEE PC 1000HE, Acer Aspire ONE AOD150 and HP mini 2140. Still undecided for today though but probably not gonna be being one this early, i guess i might wait for the PC fair this next month.

Man, i could honestly say owning my netbook is something that makes me nervous and excited even though i don't really mind how good or bad it is, all that i wanted to use it for is probably for studying and communicate with people using the internet if possible. This college life might not be so bad after all :)

Well staying at my hometown was getting kinda boring and i missed my studying life. There's one more thing is that most of my friends are not staying here much too; some went for national service; some started studying like me; and some are still working, well, only for the next few months i guess.

Yeah about working part time for students my age, maybe working has benefits for the student like getting your own money to spend things, get experience and know what hardship feels ..etc. Well that's all good, well the problem is parents don't teach much about saving money and why they let their children work. If you ask me IF i have to let my children work, i would certainly teach them that working at time ain't because we want you to use your own money to buy things you like, it's about teaching them to be wary of their parents as they do not have unlimited cash and time to support throughout your whole life. To put it simple, for me i would like my children to understand that parents care about lives of their children and will sacrifice themselves for it, even throwing away their dreams of luxury for the future of their children. Maybe students who do not have such parents may not understand parental love or unconsciously caring among family members, but think about it, if your parents are bad at showing full affection for you, would you do the same to your very own child that would be in the future?

I want people to know that the parents' actions towards their children are like a chain reaction - if you beat your own child when he was young, he will also do the very same thing to his own child, and his child will do the same thing to his grandchild which is endless until some one in your family tree breaks that chain. But what if you show affection to him? will his actions be different from you? I hope anyone reading this will realize that most people continue this vicious cycle passing from generations to generations and from this, you know that you have the power to end this cycle. For me I've been learning what my parents are doing right and doing wrong, and if my parents are doing something wrong, i will understand and avoid doing the same mistakes to my own children. Personally i won't let my child work his ass off at a young age unless of course it's nothing else but for the right reasons only.

No comments:

Post a Comment