15 March 2009

Day 3 - My path, my future and my friend's birthday?

Day 3 - 14th March 2009

Still at my 'holiday hang out', tried to write about yesterday but couldn't get up even though i overslept, dunno why. Only got up when i heard footsteps of my parents walking around. Before i woke up, Max had already went out to play badmintion with his colleagues so too does he brought Connie with him, Two things were to be done on that day, one - Boon Liang had to go for a meeting at some hotel, he was going to fetch a friend to go too; two - My parents decided to bring me to a educational fair in a mall that just started on this day.

At that time we had only one car with us so we decided that we drop off my brother and his friend at the hotel first then used the car to go to the mall, well, at least the hotel was kind of near it, so not much problem there but before that we had to fetch my bro's friend at another apartment. My father got a bit fed up about it because he was driving; he went used a detour to get there. I'm not sure if my dad purposely teased my brother to make him late or it was just a mistake( probably the latter ) but one thing is certain that my father was not fully accepting my brother being an Amway member.

Well if you want to know why then continue reading the next paragraph, if not, skip it.

Ok, from what i know, dad never really like my brother paying fees to go to these weekly meetings, it's cause they cost fair amount of money every month; the meetings not free but it promises a fully prepared trip to Las Vegas or choose to not go for the trip but recieve the money that was going to be used for the trip which is roughly about 13,500 US dollars, well, only if you continue to go to these meetings. Another reason is that my father thinks it's affecting my brother's concentration on his main studies which was very important ..and costly of course. My brother, refused to stop going when told and dad thinks that the company had brainwashed him since he had never been that stubborn. Yes, the meetings do teach you how to do marketing of products and to have more self-confidence and chase your dreams/goals etc.. but, weren't there famous books concerning self-realising, obtaining meaningful life, achievements that teaches of the sorts? Thats what my brother responded to my father, but of course dad was being stubborn and kinda ignorant, huh, i guess stubborness runs in the family. The battle still continues to this day and i have no power of changing that, i probably could only see what will happen i guess.

My bro and his friend probably were 30 minutes late for the meeting i guess, afterwards we went to the educational fair, had a bit of problem finding the parking zones and loads of traffic jams, well, probably the fair's fault :3. Loads of people walking abruntly, hurrying by like ants, this is the kind of place i always want to avoid at all cost if i were to go out shopping with friends, i guarantee that you won't have a moment of peace. So we didn't wander off and went straight for the fair.

Yeah, i want to be just like him :0

The education fair was.. well.. 'fairly' in size; The place was only about a big hall sized filled with 'stalls' i guess. Come to think of it, most of the people in the mall were about my age i guess, the fair had some cute girls but my attention was really drawn to which place i should go for furthering my study, i was going for medical course or law studies; the first was self-motivated to be a doctor; the latter was because of.. 'Ace Attorney'.. yes, a DS game motivated me to be a lawyer.. Ahem, laughters aside i found out if i were to study law i would need to also study accounting, economics.. things that i didn't picked in my high school as i was a science student. And of course getting a scholarship was kinda hard too since my results weren't really excellent, so we sorta just pass through around and went out of the fair.

We were suppose to fetch my bro from the hotel but he was still having the meeting so we walk a bit around the mall but went to sit on a bench for more than an hour. Sitting there and watching the people made me think about my friends and what i like about having a friend or a girlfriend. Most of the friends i made didn't have much in common with me i guess, most of the time my friends just joke about something or tease a certain person when we hang out. But there's a problem, they really, only just do that. Then after having telling about this to my mother, i found out that i wasn't really much of a teen; i was much more mature when having conversations but hated the fact that my friends weren't mature enough to do so. Which probably made a bit more proud of myself or sad cause it made me feel like i had skipped an age. Then i thought about my taste in girls were because of myself being mature too, i couldn't stand girls being bitchy, wearing inappropriate clothes just the same as wearing things just conver the 'main' parts ...etc. Probably because it gives the impression of being too open hearted, ain't really the word i'm looking for.. but it feels like they can have a relationship with anyone but not be serious about it and that feels.. improper for me i guess.

My father decided to had another go at the fair to find a medical course, something caught our eye and that was a university in Russia for the course and it was quite affordable. Though the problem is, i have only two weeks to decide whether or not to apply for it. Then, well, then my bro called and we went to fetch him..

Phew... so, went back to our home, just when i get the chance to write; my friend, Jay Ar(His nick is actually just Jr), called to tell me one of my other friend had a birthday celebration at a Mc Donald's.
'I'll think about it," Was what i replied to him
You know, at first, without a second there, i didn't want to go until Boon Liang encourage me to go just for the heck of it. So i gave out some sighs and drove the place, to my amaze the 'usual' people( which i dont like conversing with) weren't there except for one though but it didn't matter. Well because those weren't there, to be able to talk normally was a bit easier even though most of them were girls, for the first time i get talk something more than just about sex jokes and meaningless conversations to be exact. Sadly it only lasted for a while but one other thing that was a first for me is driving a girl to her home, ok stop speculating anything readers, i didn't panic or anything plus, she has a boyfriend(from what i heard sometime ago), nothing happened except for a few minutes of awkward moment but still a first for me.

Nevertheless, you could say it was an uncommon day of my life, writing my life probably made me realize it probably wasn't as boring as i would have thought. Maybe my life is always beginning anew every day that had passed. Be it bad or good.

This travelling light could just be like a candle's light,
It sometimes burns stronger,
It sometimes burns weaker,
But it never ceases to change until the very end of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment