13 March 2009

Prologue - It only glows for now

Hai, the name's Hui Leong but call me by my nickname, Jake. So to start out, I'm 17 years old as of today until my birthday this year. Still a teen but i don't feel like one, though i would explain it to you but not now because i want to see if going through my days will eventually explain itself to you readers.

I'll probably post on my everyday life, meaning i wont miss a single day of my life starting from today but i won't be updating everyday as reasons like busy with travelling or school and whatnot.

The reason i began to do this is because of a certain web comic gave spark to me to record all what i have done in my life which is called 'Allan', though for certain, i wont get into every single detail about my everyday life but i will summarize what happened on that certain day.

So i would like to start at the day i created this story about me - Travelling Light as in my name has the meaning of the word 'light' and thus 'the travelling of my life'.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 1 - 12th March 2009

Today was a special day, the results from my important examination had finally came but i was unable to get it at school due to late open of it that is around the afternoon and i had to go with my parents to a private hospital at Subang because my mom had this kidney stone removed years ago but residue of it still remain after it was destroyed so we went there to get a check up for the third time for that week as the damn hospital had issues with proper management of appointments. Though i complain, the doctor who checked up on my mom gave the good news that it's not really serious but he told us to meet up with him again after 3 months have passed.

Well when back to our hometown around 2-3 pm in the afternoon and boy was i nervous, i was going to get my results on the way to my home, i was surprise to be nervous as just yesterday, i was so calm, i thought i didn't even care. Hah! was i surprise to see my results, it was really better than what i was expected the past 3 months, i always thought to myself 'Meh, probably goin to be mediocre i guess'.

Though before i went to the school hall(that's where the results are kept) i saw 3 of my friends coming out of there, Simon, Vincent and Tz( he doesn't have a nick so...). Simon and Tz was talkin about somethin and they at the front in their group of three. Vincent was almost some small distance behind of them, to be honest he doesn't seem to be in the conversation between the the two, he was.. quiet. Although it was brief, i exchange greetings with them but they just joke around as they usually have and left the school area, leaving me confused. Well.. until i saw my results.

After that my parents were proud and imformed my older brothers, all three of them to be exact. My second older brother, Max, though called me first when i was about to give him the good news, he was like all out crazy about my results, i felt he was kinda acted like a father that got his first newborn or something, maybe i'm just over-complicating things..

I also gave thanks through messages to my teachers from the tuition centre i once went last year, though they didn't reply, it didn't matter because i just have to thank them for all what they have done. It had me thinking about visiting them sometime as i sorta have missed them hahah.

I almost used up all the day time just thinking about my future but at the same time i started feeling i had accomplished the last goal of my life, like there was really nothing for to do now, i know i still have college, university, hobbies, or even jobs that i still have to go through but i really felt empty. I was just sitting there waiting in front of my computer; waiting to go out with my friends to celebrate our results, yes, i felt really frustrated for wasting my time playing Solitaire, heh.

Around 7 pm in the evening, i was fed up waiting for them to go hang out so i message Simon have he went to celebrate, he was still out with the others since he went to get the results, in his response from text, he told me go to the mobile phone shop first where a not-so close friend of mine worked at, as they were hanging out after getting the results, in my mind i thought 'Hmm maybe they are waiting for me to fetch them?' was what i was thinking in my mind and assume they are going to celebrate at some place so they needed me to give them a ride since... well you know *cough*no car*cough*, ok i know, it ain't their fault for depending on others.

I went there around 8 pm in th evening, HOPING that we were going to go eat out or something but noooo, they were rewatching 'dragonball' series.We had a brief talk about our results and felt bad during that conversation but i'll tell you about that later.

So and I was like 'Ok, are we going now ..or?'
'Umm... no, we have to wait until the shop closes at around 9 pm.' Simon replied.

That sort of ticked me off cause i seriously drove there for the sake of giving them a ride, nothing else and then no sorry or anything from them they just continue joking around and some more 'dragon's balls'. Heh.. guess i was kinda naive and stupid huh?So i tell them i had to fetch dad from the badminton court later so i would be going to celebrate with them anyways. Well, obviously it was an excuse to ditch them rather than go waiting with them but it's still true about fetching my dad cause i thought i was going out so i needed a car but you know i have only 1 car that i can use at the time ..blah ..blah ..blah

By now you're probably thinking '9 pm?? you'll just wait for one more hour, you impatient douche.'
I may sometime be impatient but not this time cause to be frank, i am a person that don't like small and meaningless talks like 'yo, did you went gay with that XXX?' or 'dude, why were you still awake that night, you fappin or something ..blah ..blah ..blah' something similar along the lines.

Ok i have to vent some anger out of mind so below are rants, YOU WERE WARNED.

Well its not bad using them to start a conversation with friends but COME ON, do we really have to talk about masturbation and homosexual activities between friends all the damn time? Also i have to add that conversation like this are only what my friends usually talk about almost everytime we hang out, and everytime i try to pick a bit more serious topic to talk about, they just friggin ignored me.. sigh although at least sometime they talk about girls or dating girls but still it went stale after several conversations about it.

RANT ENDS

OK... as to why i hate small talks, long story short - I'm a bit more serious about having 'actual' conversations.

After going back to home, i was begining to think i should not go out with them, the reason is as i mentioned before about the conversation concerning of our results. The conversation were simple, we compared results and well i sorta think its wrong and bad for some people that has 'weaker' results, though i should be celebrating with them but i thought about my friends that didn't get to celebrate for obvious reasons.I thought about Jack, a friend of mine whose grades in school usually aren't good at all and he probably won't be celebrating proudly on the he gets his results too. There was also Vincent, he hasn't hang out with me and the others for a long time since he was busy with his part time job and i thought to myself again 'If he went, i probably will too.' That is until i message him about going to hang out.

'Results bad, no mood, not going.' He replied.
That's when something snap in my mind, it was not a day to go celebrate oneself of his success but to bear together the pain of others for their loss in life. I suddenly felt really bad for even asking him to go hang out, it must have really hurt him i guess. So i comfirm to myself that i'm not going to celebrate on that day with the others and message Vincent about not going. Although he didn't reply me, i felt that i just have to tell him that.

Simon wasn't happy about not going cause he didn't have tranport to go back to his home, but i said no anyways as i felt that he had become too dependant on me since i fetch him everytime when a bunch of us were going to eat out.

So this leads me to being at home writing about this day, is it me or something else but i feel the content has a gay feeling to it... probably because i had writing this shit for 3 hours straight and i'm reallllyyy tired, ok i really gonna write something rather 'straight' for a change tomorrow.

To be honest, this is the first time i written something this friggin long for a while, guess i like typing shit, heh. Time for me to hit the hay, more will be added the next midnight(uncomfirmed).

No comments:

Post a Comment